Piano Cover: Fix You

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face
And I...

Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face
And I...

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

I really love this song. For me it is about trying in the face of failure, grief, finding oneself, and hope. "I will try to fix you", is for me a self-directed message to all of me. What does it mean for you?

Thank you for listening!

bay said:

thank you for sharing your music with us. there's something spiritual about listening to it for us, and love this piece, with it's sadness that at the same time seems to convey hope.

bay

Paul Author Profile Page replied to bay:

Thank you Bay.

I happened to see this come into my email box and came to immediately listen.

Thank you so much. Another moving piece... one that was very soothing to me.

I have now read the words, too. I feel I have lost so much that cannot be replaced and, yes, tears want to stream down my face. I have really tried to learn from my mistakes, but have I? I sure hope so. There are times when I am fairly confident in that and other times...*sigh*.

I will keep on trying.

Thank you again for sharing your heart.

Thank you so much OneSurvivor. Sharing what I play was something I thought I would never do... But it's easier to, which probably is a good thing. Glad you liked it.

For me it is a commitment to care.

I like how songs speak different things to different people. Thanks Evan.

Thank you for sharing this with us Paul, it's incredibly emotive...

Thank you CG. Happy New Year!

Robin said:

This was great, thanks Paul! I hope you are well.

Paul Author Profile Page replied to Robin:

Thanks Robin. Yes, I'm optimistic about 2013. I hope it's a year of growth for you.

Ayleesh said:

Hello Paul, I am new to your blog and am pleased to have found it. I am also a survivor of childhood and adolescent abuse and trauma.

Cannot really express the effect hearing this piece has had on me today. I know the song of course and have heard the lyric version several times. The lyrics are beautiful and have always touched me deeply. I cannot remember ever hearing an instrumental version sans lyrics until hearing your piano piece today. I was in tears very quickly and felt it opening my heart with ache, longing and love for my young self and all that was suffered by that innocent child.

Yes, I will continue to try to fix my younger self with love and healing. Thank you for the reminder with your beautiful talent today. Gratefully, Ayleesh

Paul Author Profile Page replied to Ayleesh:

Thank you Ayleesh. I am glad the song had meaning for you. And very glad you are motivated to heal. Paul.

CW said:

"When you get what you want, but not what you need"

I haven't heard this song before; really. Ironic. That line, however, jumped out at me. It's the perfect dichotomy between what I think will heal me and what actually WILL heal me.

Paul Author Profile Page replied to CW:

Thanks CW. I didn't know the song either. Go figure.

Pretty, oh, so pretty. You are very talented.

Thank you Ivory!

This page contains a single entry published on December 28, 2012 12:06 AM.

Sandy Hook Elementary was the previous entry in this blog.

Amulets is the next entry in this blog.